My Mom always taught me to "count my blessings". It's often easier said than done... like when my bank account is low, the cupboards are bare and my roots have grown out... all at the same time, of course. I do think, however, that it is an important thing to remember. You don't even need to be religious to find the significance in this as it is really the same thing as reminding yourself to keep a positive outlook.
In all honesty, being positive all the time might be a little more than I can take. I don't think that I am necessarily a negative person, but let's just say that nobody has ever called me "Susie Sunshine" either. And so, in an effort to count my blessings a little more often, I would like to start a weekly post that I will deem "Thankful Tuesday". Because, let's face it, I have plenty to be thankful for.
1. Haeden got sick early Monday morning. For several hours he was throwing up every 15 to 20 minutes. He was a real trooper though and around 10am things started to look up. By mid-afternoon, after a nice long nap, you would have never guessed he had been so sick that morning. For that, I am thankful!!
2. Sunday afternoon we scheduled a mini photo shoot with the grandma's. It was a beautiful evening and I'm sure we got some nice shots. We've been terrible about family photos since Haeden was born and I've made it my mission to rectify that this year. I can't wait to see the results!
3. Both of my stepson's chatted with me on Facebook last night. That always makes me feel special!
4. I'm thankful for the "Talking Tom" app on my Droid. It's one of the only things that can stop a full-on tantrum dead in it's tracks.
5. Mother's Day was Sunday and I'm thankful for the chance to not only be celebrated on that day, but also to celebrate all the wonderful Mom's and Grandma's in my life!
What are you thankful for today?
0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment