Brace yourselves. It is about to get all controversial up in heeeere. I am fired the eff up right now. A so-called “friend” of mine on facebook just posted the following:
“I need to start a business in the middle east making land mines disguised as prayer mats.”
Is it just me or is that absolutely disgusting? I thought all of the hate mongering almost 10 years ago was ridiculous, but I just can’t stand to listen to it at this point. Muslim does not equal terrorist, just like German does not = Nazi. How can you write off an entire religion because on one major (awful) event?
The Islam faith did not attack the world trade centers, a group of religious fanatics did. I think it is important to remember that there are fanatics in every religion, race, country, etc.
Is it really fair to make Osama Bin Laden the face of Islam? I don’t think so. I do, however, think it is high time people get over themselves. Burkas don’t come with bazookas and bibles don’t come with a license to judge the hell out of everyone else.
3 Talk To Me:
Thank you for this! I've had people make comments like this to my face - not knowing that I am Muslim. Boy do they feel dumb after I straighten them out. My family was affected just like every one else was on that horrific day. Judgmental pr*cks...
I can't even get further into it because it makes my blood boil.
Totally infuriating! Glad you did your Facebook housecleaning though. No one needs to be subject to that sort of idiocy. Especially against your will! Go'head, girl!
My mom and I talk about this very subject way too much.... what pisses me off the most is the majority of the people making the hateful, mean spirited comments claim to be christians. I've never heard or read where Jesus says to kill and hate others....WTF!
Pam Velasco
Post a Comment