Thursday, May 26, 2011

Embrace The Camera




Usually when I link up to this fun little weekly post it is because we just so happened to have taken pictures the weekend before. I try to save some just to be able to join and hopefully make some new friends.

This week, however, I was prepared! Since the hubs has been working so hard these past couple of weeks, the little man and I have had lots of time to hang out together, just the two of us. It's sort of the silver lining of an otherwise crappy deal.

I've mentioned before that Haeden loves to rock out on his guitar and various other instruments. Lately he has decided to add some lyrics to his music. He doesn't actually know any full songs at this age, just snippets. He mostly says, "I do. I do. I doooo!". I think it's from that Colbie Caillat song that he has seen on the VH1 Countdown. And the other is "Ashes. Ashes. We all fall DOWN!". Pretty sure you recognize that one!

Anyway, I decided to try to teach him a new song to sing. It goes like this:

I love my Mommy! Yes I do!
I love my Mommy. It's truuuueee!

Pretty fantastic, right? He actually got on board and started singing it right away and it was the cutest thing ever. Of course, as soon as I got out my camera to record him... he stopped. I even tried to bribe him with candy, but he'd just play the guitar and then run into the other room. Little booger.

I switched gears and got him to take some silly pictures with me instead. Forgive the blur. Movement + low light + point-and-shoot are not ideal! Still, fun memories were capture and that is always the real goal!






10 Talk To Me:

marie said...

Rockstar! You could have a mom+son singing duo! I love the last shot of the two of you. So cute that he's looking at you.

Unknown said...

So cute! You could totally take this show on the road!

Amy H. said...

OH MY GOSH. So cute. I love how he is copying you in the pictures! {I always think if kids only knew what ring around the rosy actually meant, HA}

Thanks for linking with me, keep Em in your prayers.
Amy

Ruthie Hart said...

you have a little rockstar on your hands!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

What a rockstar!!! Love the pics!

Joeylee said...

so adorable, great pics

Amber said...

so fun!!

Wendy said...

Ha ~ funny how early stage fright settles in :) My 2 year old daughter has been singing "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. I love it when they sing!

Jami said...

im gonna teach my kids that song! sweet pics. new follower ;)

Eva said...

LOVE his expressions! You two are ardorable!