Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thankful Tuesday - May 31st

This past weekend was quite the whirlwind! I do believe it was over in the blink of an eye! Here I sit with a cup of hot chocolate (coffee = blech), willing my eyes to stay open and typing away at the computer trying to look busy. I can type pretty well with my eyes closed, so I don't see what the big deal is, really. I guess the bosses think it's unprofessional, or something? Easy for them to say since they have office doors!

My four day weekend was just splendid. I am so thankful that my sister and brother-in-law were able to be here. We started the weekend off a little early with a night out on the town complete with wings and beer followed by more beer, pina coladas and mojitos at the beach. Throw in some live music courtesy of a local hottie and you have got one hell of a Thursday evening!

 Friday, the ladies and Haeden spent the day shopping while the boys (minus my hungover hubby) golfed. I'm pretty sure Haeden would have preferred to be golfing with the guys, but at least he got to ride an "ackickle"! He would have stayed there all day if we'd have let him. Actually, if I could have just chained him to the thing (think bike rack), my shopping experience probably would have been a lot more enjoyable, too. You should have seen the fit he threw when I had to take him off of the carousel. Epic, I tell you. It was kind of like walking a really big rottweiler down the street... people got the hell out of the way! ha!


Saturday was jam-packed with fun, you guys. The beach was a blast. It was so lovely to just sit around and relax and soak up the sun's glorious rays. Haeden enjoyed playing in the sand, looking for shells and splashing around in the water as long as someone was holding onto him. He ran straight for the water, but quickly slowed his role when the water came rushing up to his chubby little knees. That surprised me a little, but I think his being a little cautious is a very good thing when it comes to the ocean!

After showers and naps the whole gang gathered at "Andma Ellie's" house for a cookout/ birthday party for the hubby. Fun, food and family --- can't go wrong with that!


I failed to photograph the rest of the weekend, but it involved bike rides, movie nights, blow-up pools and a whole lot of laughter. I don't know about everyone else, but I think this Memorial Day visit needs to become a tradition... whaddya say, Seester?!
  

0 Talk To Me: