Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year's Resolution... Or Three

We rang in the new year by, uh, sleeping. I wish I could say that was the first time that's happened, but it's not. If we don't have friends over or aren't out partying, I don't really see the point in staying up and watching TV until the ball drops. I know I'm going to be up by 7am the next morning, anyway, so why bother? Usually Hubby stays up and then wakes me up for the countdown. I watch bleary eyed until it's time for my New Year's kiss and then fall right back asleep. Isn't my life exciting? Don't be jealous!

I have the same resolutions this year as most everyone else. I want to save a little more money, work on updating the house (hence the saving money part), and lose a few pounds. Hubby and I go back on the South Beach diet tomorrow, so I've been stuffing my face with chocolate and cookies all weekend long. Starting the diet tomorrow means less eating out which will in turn mean less spending and more saving. And that will mean more money to fix up the house! I've have it all figured out, my friends. Now, I just have to stick to it. I think I can. I think I can (toot! toot!)

You should also know that with a few grunts and "yeah's" my little man made a New Year's resolution of his very own. He wants to be a big boy and sleep in an actual bed now. No more crib for him cause that stuff is for babies! Duh! We've been talking about making the switch for about a month now but I really liked the fact that when I put him to bed, the only protesting he could do was in the form of crying and throwing his binky, stuffed animals and blanket out of the crib. Moving him into a bed meant he could actually get out of bed and get into... everything! Oy vey.

We had to rearrange the room a bit and really buckle down on the child-proofing, but I think it's going to work out well. We had a little hiccup yesterday as he refused to nap in it, but when it came time to go to bed at night he followed his regular routine and jumped right in. He even slept through the night without incidence and just woke up from today's nap a few minutes ago. No problemo! We do keep a baby gate up during the night just to ensure there is no sneaking out at night. He certainly has a mischievous side to him, so who knows what he'd be into if given the chance!

And now I get to do what I love most, shop for bedding! Too bad I have champagne taste (Dwell Studio) on a beer budget (Walmart).







2 Talk To Me:

Dina said...

Wow, how does he not fall out of there at night?! Siera is all over the place when she sleeps - she'd fall headfirst right out of the gaps between the railing and the footboard. I just bought her one of those railings too so hopefully we'll convert her crib sometime before the end of January *cough* lazy DH *cough*

Hespyhesp said...

I went in there this morning and he was sleeping sideways, but looks like he is staying at the top end of the bed, so I don't think we'll have any issues with him falling off! I think that the railing makes it feel more crib-like. Before we put the railing up, I tried to get him to lay in there for a nap and he wasn't having it. As soon as the railing was there for bedtime he went right in and didn't even try to get out of bed! Whew!