Today is Monday. It’s Monday and I have a migraine at work. Can we say Double Whammy?! It’s also storming outside and that generally makes me feel like I should be at home in bed. Or cuddled up on the couch with a blanket, watching a movie while Haeden plays quietly on the floor. Whaaaat? I can dream, can’t I?
I don’t know about you, but when I am in pain my tolerance level is, like, zero. Possibly even below that. Well, I decided to work on a rather remedial task to try and avoid staring at the computer (it doesn’t help with the head or the nausea). I broke out that left-over stack of paper from Friday and decided to get to work on hole-punching and separating it into binders. Yes, I know my job is exciting. Try not to be jealous.
Anyway, this should have been easy, right? A nice way to pass the time until lunch, or better yet, until I can take the next pain pill. But instead, the hole punch, which is probably older than I am, was jamming every two seconds and I couldn’t get the middle punch to go into the down position. This meant it was only punching two holes instead of three. Madness, I tell you. I huffed and I puffed and I threatened to throw it out the window. This did nothing of course. It continued to taunt me, one good punch every three or four tries and then right back to top and bottom punches only. I was thisclose to losing it. Seriously. I could feel the heat rising up through my body.
Thankfully, I managed to finish without bursting into tears. Hesper 1, Migraine/3-Hole Punch tag team 0. Now excuse me while I go and puke into my wastebasket.
0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment