The only good thing about such an uneventful weekend is that, Mama? she gets stuff done. I did the usual weekend cleaning, a little extra organizing and even had time for crafting! Since Haeden is pretty much constantly all up in my grill, I can only craft when he is sleeping. I made the most of that time this weekend and finally finished up my first cross-stitch project. I am in love with these and can’t wait to get to the craft store sometime this week to stock up on more thread so that I can get on with the next project.
I also broke out the felt and tried out a couple of new flower designs. The flatter flower is so darn quick and easy that I made three of them. I had seen a similar design on etsy and figured I could make it myself with my stepson’s trusty circle template. These flowers are pretty much self-explanatory. The second flower I made into a pin and am wearing it today. I’ve already gotten several compliments and I have to confess, I love being able to tell people that I made it myself!
For the second type, I'm including directions (sorry, no photos).
1. Cut out 6 flower shapes approx 3 inches in diameter. You will also need to cut out circular piece for the back and two leaves (optional).
2. Take each flower and place a dot of glue in the middle and fold over. Then place another dot of glue in the middle and fold over once more.
3.Arrange four of these on the felt circle so that the straight edges are touching. Then you will glue the remaining two in the middle so that they are sticking straight up/ one resting on each side of the flower. This makes sense when you are actually in the moment, I promise.
4. If you decide to use a flimsier type of fabric you could push the two top layers down and glue a pretty bead or button to the middle to give it a little extra flair. You can then either glue to a pin back, alligator clip or headband.
And lastly, I finally found the time to create the subway art inspired print all about our little family. It was simple and fun and I promise to post a picture of it later this week! Also, still to come is last week’s Project 365 photos!


0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment