Monday, January 3, 2011

Haeden's World: Potty Time!

A little over a month ago, we decided to introduce Haeden to the potty. We by no means wanted to push the issue at such a young age, but he was already showing a few signs that he might be ready. Here are a few I pulled from the Baby Center website:

Can sit down quietly in one position for two to five minutes. BAHAHAHA, Yeah, right! His Dad can't even do this one!Can pull his pants up and down. Not quite.
Dislikes the feeling of wearing a wet or dirty diaper. Usually true when he poos. He says, "I poo poo!" and then runs to the changing table.
Shows interest in others' bathroom habits. You mean is no one ever able to go to the bathroom in peace? That would be a yes!
Gives a physical or verbal sign when he's having a bowel movement such as grunting, squatting, or telling you. Check!
Demonstrates a desire for independence. Independence from us, yes. From his binky and bear, no...
Takes pride in his accomplishments. Does, "I DID IT! I DID IT!" count? I think so, yes.
Is in a generally cooperative stage, not a negative or contrary one. As long as there are no bikes around...
Can follow simple instructions, such as "go get the toy." Yes, but usually I'm asking him to put it away!
Understands the value of putting things where they belong. Value? Suuuure.
Has words for urine and stool. Almost. He refers to both of them as "poo poo", such as "I poo poo! I poo poo!" or "Dada poo poo?"

So, as you can see, he was meeting most of the criteria. I was feeling pretty good about the possibility of him catching onto this pretty quickly, or at least showing interest. Like every other mom out there, I like to think my kid's a genius.

These photos might suggest otherwise...

2011 048
He's thinking, "What's this? A chair? A toy?"


2011 053
Wait! I know....

2011 050
Maybe you play with it like this?

2011 056
This is fun!

2011 051
I  can use it as a hat!

2011 055
Or we can play peek-a-boo!

2011 061
Hey, this is close! Now we just gotta get him to pull down his pants and use it! ha!

2 Talk To Me:

Anonymous said...

PRICELESS.... But so is our "Little Man"

ashley @ little miss momma said...

My oh my, he is so stinkin adorable!