Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Par-tay Time!

So, Haeden has been two for over a week now and I'm just now getting to post pictures from his big day. What can I say? Life happens. I'd be a lot better with this whole bloggin' thang if I didn't have to work a full- time job, too (hint, hint hubs/lotto gods!).

Both Haeden and I were sick the latter half of the week leading up to his birthday. Figures, right? I swear that if there is a major holiday, birthday or vacation planned the boy is going to (at the very least) have a cold. Luckily we were able to get the (almost) bronchitis under control before party time. You're welcome, guests!

Whether I was sick or not, I was determined to DIY the majority of the food and decorations. Didn't even matter that the party was for family only and most of them were going to be completely oblivious to the (OMG time-consuming) work that went into the little details. It mattered to me. I, of course, wanted it to be perfect.

Okay, so nothing is ever perfect. Martha Stewart I am NOT. But, hey, a girl has got to start somewhere, right?!


 The birthday sign, which was really super cute in person. I promise.

Fringed crepe paper hung over the windows. The garland was made with string and tissue paper. Both were super cute and, even better, super cheap! Oh, and that is a GIANT sandwich on the table!

I taped leftover cupcake toppers to the middle of these store-bought accordian hangy thingees.

More fringey crepe paper. They remind me of jelly fish!

The spread. Try to look past my hideous kitchen. It is a dungeon in there and the orange walls are sooo much cooler in person. Promise!

The sorta-kinda theme was vintage cars, so I hung a "fuel" sign over the food. The yellow pom-poms were left over from the valances I made for his room and I stole the photos from different places around the house.

Yum!

Also, yum!

Even yummier! Chocolate covered cookie dough balls! 

Opening presents. He opened the guitar and drum set first and then he wasn't interested in anything else. Guess we should have saved those for last!

Jammin'.

Check him out! That leg lift kills me!

I was so afraid he was going to grab that candle, but I wanted to see if he would blow it out. Then I forgot and blew it out myself when I was trying to show him. Mom fail.

No time for pictures, Dad. There are cupcakes to devour!

Nom, nom, nom!

That face!

Rockin' out with the great grandparents (Oma & Opa)!

Jam session with Daddy!


As you can see, we all had a great time. So great that we totally forgot to take pictures of everyone with the birthday boy. Ooopsie!

0 Talk To Me: