Monday, April 11, 2011

Thirty Day Song Challenge: Day 11

Day 11: A Song From Your Favorite Band

Okay, you guys, I can narrow this down pretty quickly to two favorite bands. Muse and Our Lady Peace. I love them both pretty equally. I've seen them both live and they both kicked ass, too. We saw OLP at a really small venue and they were only a couple of arms lengths away. I have to admit that I was exactly sure who they were at first. It was my husband who wanted to see them perform. My first impression was that the lead singer was high as a kite. He probably was, too, but after a few songs he was able to hold his head upright and his mouth no longer hung open while he sported a blank and far away look in his eyes. Seriously, I thought it was going to suck at first but he did a complete 180 and then rocked my face off! And now I love him forever.
Look at him. Dan's lucky I didn't throw my bra on stage. ha!

We saw Muse about a year ago. Atlanta was the first stop on their very small American tour. Dan and I left Haeden alone overnight for the first time to see these guys. We walked to the arena from our hotel since we figured parking would be a nightmare. It turned out to be further than we expected. I, like a dumbass, wore heels. You know, cause I was finally out on the town and I wanted to look good! Well, heels and walking don't go well together. Mama's tootsies were not happy!

When I finally limped to my seat and got to see these guys in action, I was floored. They're musical ability is just plain amazing and they had a fantastic light show and stage set up, too. Normally I don't really care about those things but it was pretty damn entertaining.

Although I don't want to choose between the two, the first song that popped into my head when I read the challenge today was Our Lady Peace's "Somewhere Out There". It's good you guys, really good.

0 Talk To Me: