Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thirty Day Song Challenge: Day 3



Today I get to choose a song that makes me happy. Finally, an easy one! And I think this one might surprise you a little bit, too. See, I as a little, let's say, musically sheltered as a kid. I grew up listening to whatever my parents liked and not much else until high school. But even then I still liked some of her favorites and supplemented it with the radio. And let's face it. The radio hasn't introduced us all to a whole hell of a lot of great music. There is a lot of crap being played on a ridiculously short loop, my friends!

Anyhoo, excuse the tangent. Today I have chosen ZZ Top's "Legs". Yeah, that's right. I've got legs and I know how to use them! This is a song that brings me back... 1990's, Saturday mornings, running around the house in PJ's and rockin' out with a hairbrush or a broom (Saturday mornings = time to clean the house). Mom used to turn the music up loud and we'd run around the house dancing and cleaning and generally having a good time considering we were doing chores. We usually listened to one the following three bands: ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughn or Huey Lewis and the News. Maybe even a little Bob Seger if my sister was lucky. I always got a kick out of "Legs" though. I would always run over to the couch for the chorus so I could throw my leg up there for a little leggy demonstration... I might have been a little dorky back in the day.

Also, look at these guys?! How can you not get a big ol' grin on your face just looking at their ridiculous outfits/beards!?

0 Talk To Me: