Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Awk2theWard Wednesday - March 16th

It’s Wednesday again. I’m a little behind on posting at the moment, things have been busier than usual both around the house and at work. However, for some reason this seems to be an easy one for me, so here I am linking up again at http://www.buggieandjellybean.com/!

1. We got new phones over the weekend. I have joined the wonderful world of smart phones! I have taken to calling mine “my precious,” and you know I’m using that creepy Lord of the Rings voice too, and in public no less. I’m excited and I have no shame!

2. Speaking of “my precious,” I keep her out on my desk at work just in case there is some sort of daycare emergency. Well, that’s why I used to keep it out. Now it’s only part of the reason. Have you guys played Words With Friends? I’m addicted. Think there is a support group for this?! Anyway, my administrator totally walked up to me yesterday when I was laying the proverbial smack down on my friend and uh, how do you explain that one to the boss?!

3. One of the reasons I haven’t gotten around to posting is the fact that we repainted H’s room over the weekend and I am still putting some final touches on the little man’s room transformation. I bought some cheap valances from Target the other day and when I got them home I noticed one of them had green marks in several noticeable places. Before taking it back I tried to wash it to see if it would come out. It didn’t, obviously. That would have been too easy. So, I took it back to the store the next morning before work started and had to explain to the woman why it was a little, um, damp. Instructions said not to put it in the dryer!

4. Tennis shoes with my work clothes. Lunch hour = walking time these days. Gotta do it now before it gets too hot outside. 

I used to scoff at the women who did this. Never say never, ladies. However, you should know that when my attempt is a little bit better than that poor woman. Just sayin'! Look at her face! She knows that isn't cute!

1 Talk To Me:

Amy H. said...

Oh my gosh that pic is HILARIOUS! And welcome to the must addicting thing ever, smart phones...good luck!

xoxo
thanks for linking.
Amy