I’ve been trying to cough up a lung since Saturday, so you would think that the awkward would have been kept to a minimum. Yeah, not so much:
- We’re waiting in line at the post office when this woman comes in and approaches Haeden. He grabs onto my leg for dear life and she continues to try and talk to him. He is having none of it and hides his face from her. Then she turns to me and says, “You better take care of him. He’s my social security!” Umm… ok? What do you even say to that?!
- Nothing gets past an almost 2 year-old. Someone (I’m not naming names) tooted yesterday and Haeden immediately giggles and repeats the sound. I will say, however, that his version was much louder!
- Went to the doctor on Monday. The usual (older) guy was unavailable, so I had to see someone else. Of course he was young and good looking. I thought that since it was either a head cold or strep throat there would be no reason to shave the little forest growing on my legs. I thought wrong.
- This is kind of related. I haven’t said anything to anyone because I’m trying to AVOID the awkward, but I have been in my office for 9 months and people are still calling me Heather and/or Hester. And you know what’s worse? I wear a friggin’ name badge.
- I mentioned above that I've been sick since Saturday. I missed work on Monday and had to leave early yesterday. I'm trying to be a trooper today. Foaming my hands every 10 minutes and keeping my distance from everyone. I still have to answer the phone though. I can't decide if I sound more like a 14 year-old boy going through puberty or Miley Cyrus. hehe

0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment