Thursday, December 23, 2010
Last Minute Gift - DIY Sugar Scrub
I like to think that homemade gifts are always cherished and even add a personal touch to this season of giving. I learned a long time ago that if you have to get a gift for a woman, and you have no idea which direction to go in, you really can't go wrong with some kind of fancy bath gift. Oh, but you can't afford to send them for a day at the spa? Well, how about you bring the spa to them with their very own peppermint sugar scrub! Ehhhh? Ehhhhh?
These are so easy and quick that I spent about an hour last weekend (nothing like the last minute) preparing these for each of my co-workers and Haeden's teachers. They seem to have been a hit so far and while I ran out of ingredients before I got to make one for myself, my hands definitely reaped the benefit during clean up.
Here's what you need:
1 cup sugar ( I used raw, but I read granulated is fine)
1/2 cup almond, sesame or olive oil ( I went with extra virgin olive oil since it was cheaper than the other two and I was making 10 of these bad boys)
1 tsp vitamin E oil (optional, but acts as a preservative to make your scrub last up to 6 months)
1 tsp essential oil of your choice (I used peppermint. Perfect for the season, energizing, clears those sinuses!)
1 tsp coconut oil
7 - 10oz container (Mine is from Dollar Tree!)
Directions:
Mix sugar, olive oil and coconut oil. Then add in vitamin E and peppermint oils. Stir. Pour into jar. Fancy it up with a bow, ribbon, gift tag, or whatever you like and give someone the gift of skin as soft as a baby's bottom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment