It's Christmas Eve Eve, you guys! Unfortunately, I'm stuck here at work until 3pm. Boo! Hiss! Anyway, I took a few pictures last night of things I wanted to share with you. The first is an ornament that Haeden "made" at daycare. They took his picture by their Christmas tree and then pasted it to a foam cut out of a train. It's adorable. I keep going over to the tree just to look at his little picture because it instantly puts a smile on my face. Speaking of smiles, note Haeden's shy one and the way he sweetly has his hands clasped. You'll just melt!
I also wanted to share Haeden's stocking. It's pretty hilarious. See, Hubby and his boys all have darling knit stockings that were made by his grandmother. Since she has passed away, I asked my own grandmother if she would make a stocking for Haeden's first Christmas last year. She obliged, although she warned us that she had never made one before. I wasn't looking for perfection though, I was just hoping for something homemade with lots of love. I'll admit to being a little surprised when we received the stocking... it was a little bigger than expected.
To be fair, the stocking's that Hubby's grandmother made are, in my opinion, smaller than the typical store-bought kind. I'm not quite sure where my own was going with this one though. She clearly didn't find it necessary to use a pattern. But, she was 80 years-old when she made it and honestly, I think it's pretty damn perfect. Imperfections and all. Besides, big stockings = more presents, right?!
Something tells me this guy won't be complaining! Hmmm. I wonder if she'll make me one next?!



1 Talk To Me:
I think we should use this stocking as a sleeping bag for Haeden on those cold winter nights...
Post a Comment