Now, the second objective, it didn't go so well. Since Grandma and I went out on Saturday, we decided to take the family photo on Sunday. Everyone would need time to primp and prep, so it made the most sense. Of course, no one thought ahead to check the weather. We woke up Sunday to some of the crappiest weather we'd seen all year. It was coooold, windy and raining on and off. Of course, since we only have the boys every other weekend and nowhere to take the photo indoors (re: shoebox sized house), we decided to brave the weather and head outside as planned. Okay, honestly? Hubby decided, despite my protesting (i.e. muttering and eye-rolling), we were going rain or shine.
It was starting to sprinkle as we left the house. We headed over to one of our favorite local spots, a pier and raised walkway overlooking the river. For once, there were no fisherman (obviously because they were smart enough to stay inside where it's warm). We had beat the rain, but the wind was stronger over the water. As Hubby worked to set up the shot, I struggled to keep Haeden under control. Not to mention my hair with that damn wind. I know wind-blown hair is supposed to be sexy and all, but that was not the case here. I knew that it wasn't going to work, but I also knew someone else wasn't going to want to hear it.
Teeth chattering, Rudolph noses running, we all grinned and bared it. All except one of us, anyway. So, yeah, I guess trying to attain that "perfect" family photo when you have a headstrong 19 month-old, is asking a little much. And apparently so is expecting your photographer husband to make you look like one hot little mama.... just kidding, babe, I know you don't have photography super powers... or Glamour Shots software!
And here are the outtakes...
*Here we are pretending to cry. Of course, Haeden stopped and decided to look confused instead. Also, most of us just look excited, not really upset. Hmmm. Gonna have to work on the acting skills.
*Obviously Daniel is just too cool for school. He's hiding his embarrassment of me pretty well, I think. Hubby was adjusting the camera settings here and Patrick was chasing Haeden from one enclosed end to the other. That was before the screaming, kicking and crying took place. Ahhhh, memories.
We are off to see Santa this evening. Lord help us.
P.S.
Yes, I still have bangs. I told you it was WINDY!
1 Talk To Me:
Patrick looks like he may be a great actor. He is the only one that looks like he is crying. Hesper, you look excited! LOL
Post a Comment