First, a little background. I grew up in and out of the Mormon church. When I was in high school and most likely junior high as well, I pretty much thought I was in love with every missionary that passed through our ward. I always looked forward to the one day a month when they came over for dinner. Well, actually we had to take them out to dinner because they weren't allowed in our home (re: no men lived there). We usually took them to Pizza Hut and then out for an ice cream because Dairy Queen was right next door. I remember having a pizza eating contest with Elder Mulder when I was 15 or 16. The scales were tipped in my favor because he had to eat two for every one of my slices. I don't recall how many slices each of us had, but we ended up "tied" by the time the pizza boxes were empty. Knowing neither of us would be satisfied with a tie, my Mom decided that whoever could eat their ice cream cone the fastest would win. You guys, I like to win. As soon as she said "GO" I shoved that entire vanilla ice cream cone down my throat. I am not even kidding. I'm sure you can guess that I had a serious ice cream headache after that, but it was totally worth it.
Anyway, we also used to beep and wave any time we saw them bicycling around town. We tried to keep the cat calls and whistling to a minimum, of course. The funny thing is, I actually still do that to this day. Even when the hubby is driving, I will reach over him and beep to get their attention and I frantically wave at them like a little kid. They usually look at me like I'm a weirdo, but they always wave back!
Well, that was a lot more background than you bargained for, but here's the conversation I was getting at:
Me: Remember when we used to beep at the Missionaries?!
Mom: Yes!
Me: I totally still do that!
Mom: That doesn't surprise me.
Kerri: I should do that! I see them all the time because they live in my apartment complex!
Me: Ohhh, you should flash them instead!
Kerri: No way!
Me: Yes! They would totally fall off their bikes.
Kerri: They would burst into flames!
Mom: No, YOU would bust into flames!
Me: (after the laughter dies down) We're all going straight to hell...
1 Talk To Me:
...in a hand basket. You have to say "We're going to hell in a hand basket", for some unknown reason. Anyone know why?!
Post a Comment