Surprise! Last Tuesday was my birthday. I am now twenty eight years young. Fun fact: I share my birthday with Madonna and it's also the anniversary of Elvis' death. People usually chuckle at the first fact and tell me they're not all that surprised (must be my cone bra) and then I think I just totally weird them out with the second. That shouldn't really surprise them either.
I know some people don't really make a big fuss over birthdays once they become an adult, but I can't claim to be one of them. I still look forward to my birthday and all the hoopla and attention that comes with it. It's MY day, you guys! MINE! Besides, there is cake. Who doesn't like cake?! And if you don't like cake, well, fine. But you must like presents, right?! Everyone loves presents!
Super delicious, super rich CAKE!
Some of the gang.
Blowing out my candle. We had to search far and wide for that candle. Grandma's drawers are mini treasure troves!
NOM. NOM. NOM.
He loves his Oma. She loves him.
Checking out the cuckoo clock behind them.
The boys got me a gnome. I named him Jasper.
Then I found this guy a couple of days later. He was on clearance at Michaels for $3.63. He is Jasper's new friend, Giles. Crystal has threatened to steal them so I might need to booby trap them. Any ideas?
The terrarium my hubby made for me. It's not complete yet, but I am LOVING it! Thanks, babe!
Adorable and delicious owl cupcakes from the gals at work. Chocolate + owls = best work (birth)day ever!
Not pictured, but very much appreciated is the shopping spree with my mom, jewelry from my dad and Mary and gorgeous owl necklace from my grandmother. A wonderful birthday. How are you guys going to top this next year?! Ha!











1 Talk To Me:
Happy belated birthday! I have always wanted a gnome! I would move him around the bushes so I could confuse people into thinking he just might be real. Not that we have many visitors but still, I would have fun with it.
Post a Comment