Rather than continuing to apologize for the lack of posting around these parts (see the last two entries), I’m just going to jump ahead and update you on the past week and a half…
1. I have been rather unhappy in my current job. I’ve been here for a year now (7 total within the institution itself) and although I am thankful to be employed, I am pretty much miserable. Like, every Sunday around 4pm I start to feel really depressed. “Doom, despair and agony on me,” my mother would say. I don’t really know that the administrative world is where I should be. I think I have too much, well, attitude (re: problem with authority). I recently applied for another job, within the same company, and I wish I could tell you that they offered me the position and I’m over the moon excited to be starting a new adventure… but I can’t. They did offer me the job, but at a ridiculous pay cut of over 4 dollars an hour (insulting much?!), I just couldn’t take it. My happiness is important, yes, but so is paying the bills. Damn the man, you guys. So, I am basically just telling myself that it wasn’t meant to be. Something better will come along or the current situation will miraculously improve (or pigs will fly). I have to tell myself something or I will lose it someday and end up being escorted out of here by security.
2. On a happier note, the whole vegetarian thing is going splendidly. It has been two weeks and I’m doing well, cooking more (thanks to easy recipes by Jennifer) and even losing a little bit of weight. I have been careful not to replace meat with chocolate and other sweets. That’s my natural response to most things, you know. “Oh hey, I ate really well today. Like a bona fide health nut. I should totally ruin that with two ice creams.” Two because they’re low-calorie. Yeah, I don’t know why I bother either. Now this is not to say that I will never again eat meat. If I say that, especially out loud, it will only make me crave meat. I’m weird, I know, but me and rules don’t mix. If I try to tell myself that I can’t do something, it only makes me want to do it ten times more. Even if I don’t really want to do it. Does that make sense or is it just me? Actually, I just realized it’s not… it's my Mom, too. I'm not even twenty-eight and I've already turned into her. Ha!
3. Haeden has started to show some interest in the potty! He’s gone twice now. The first time he was jumping on my bed as I changed out of work clothes and he stopped and actually told me that he was going to go (in his diaper). I simply asked him if he’d like to go on the potty and replied, “YES! I a good boy!”. You would have thought that the kid was pooping golden nuggets with all of the praise he got. There were high-fives and m&m’s for everyone. He also counted to ten earlier that afternoon. That was exciting and all… but, you know, counting doesn’t exactly save me money, so we were a little more excited about the potty progress.
I’ll try to get back to my regular posting this week. I’ve got to make a list of all the things Haeden has been doing/saying. He’s quite the comedian. Also, this Friday we’re heading for the boonies western VA to visit my seester. Expect pictures, people. Robyn is camera happy and between her gorgeous scenery and my gorgeous son, there will be pictures GALORE!
2 Talk To Me:
I can relate to both the job issue and the rules issue. When I was unhappy (read: used, abuesed and feeling it), what made me feel better is to get my resume in order and start looking. It really can have a calming effect.
Good luck with the job and have fun on your vacay!
I'm sorry to hear about you not liking your job position. It seems to be happy, you have to get paid crap, like me! Good luck though and I think something will come up eventually.
That is awesome that Haeden is using the potty more and just to let you know, I really did LOL when you said you would think he was pooping golden nuggets :) Love you!
Post a Comment