I love a good peace sign.
They're super popular right now, but the majority are also super tacky.
I got my love of peace signs from my Mom. And, actually, my sister shares it as well. Lately, anytime we find something fun that is peace related we tend to go ahead and buy three or at least let the others know about it... otherwise it might get "borrowed" the next time one of us visits the other. This is especially true if the peace sign in question belongs to my Mom.
Moms are pretty generous, aren't they? Mine always has been. And because of that I wanted to create a little something special for her to hang in her office. She just happened to be in the process of redecorating when I came up with this idea, so the timing was perfect. Clearly, it was a "sign"!
I got the idea from constantly coming across all of the fabulous DIY wreaths on the various craft blogs I subscribe to. This was what originally inspired me:

Found here.
Those felt flowers are literally the easiest thing in the world. I believe that link shows you how to do it and the instructions have been so overdone that I won't even bother going over them again. As for the wooden peace sign, I asked my stepdad to make it for me. He's got all the tools and I knew he'd be just the guy for the job. And together, this is what we created:
I love it! My Mom loves it! Heck, even my husband loves it. And he is pretty hard to impress, you guys!

0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment