Yesterday our office suite got re-keyed. Since I sit closest to the door I have the distinct pleasure of being the official "gate-keeper" and holder of the keys. It's obvious that I'm really important, right? Kind of like this guy:
So, like I said, our suite got re-keyed and after I picked up the new set from Security (who, let's face it, take their job way too seriously), I thought it would be smart to make sure everything worked correctly. The key fit all of the locks just fine, but I did notice a wee little problem. There was no way to lock the door from the inside. I thought maybe I could open the door, lock it with the key and then close it behind me after walking back inside, but it didn't seem to work. Or so I thought...
I broke the news to my supervisor and we had a good laugh about it since we're only supposed to lock the door in an emergency situation. We figured someone was going to have to lock the doors and just make a run for it if an issue ever arose. I went back to my desk and not even five minutes later we all heard some loud knocking at the back door. It was two of our administrators, and thank God they had a great sense of humor about it because I was mortified. Apparently you can lock the door from the outside and then close it. Don't know how I missed it, but I sure am glad it wasn't the CEO of our company that figured it out. That probably would not have gone over well!
0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment