Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Star is Born

Being that I don't have the time, money or patience to actually scrapbook, I thought that a photo book would be a great way to capture some of Haeden's best moments. Not only that, but what better Christmas gift for the grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles who love him to pieces? I do love to multi-task!

The book took me about a week to create from start to finish, mostly because I could only devote little snippets of time here and there. Even though I created it with Christmas in mind, I actually had the books in hand by late October. I ordered early because I had an online coupon burning a hole in my inbox and they were simultaneously offering free shipping. Can't beat that with a stick!

I also decided to post the book in the their online community. I only got a couple of comments, but someone from Shutterfly emailed me to let me know they were going to feature it on their front page. Not long after that, one of their reps emailed and asked for permission to use some of Haeden's photos for an upcoming promotional advertisement. I wasn't surprised that they loved a lot of the pictures be used since a) Haeden is gorgeous and b) the Hubby takes amazing pictures, but we were still a little stunned at the offer... and a lot flattered!

Then a couple of weeks ago they also asked if they could link to the photo book in an email promotion they were going to be sending out this month. Again, of course, we agreed! I still can't believe that they choose my book. Honestly, when I first looked through the other books that had been posted in their online community, I felt like mine paled in comparison. Sure, some of them use special software, but there are a lot of great examples on that site. I guess, maybe, I don't give myself enough credit.

What I do know is that it made the family happy. Lots of happy tears upon receipt. And that is what really matters. Of course, I'm still enjoying Haeden's fifteen minutes of fame! ha!

1 Talk To Me:

Amy Lynn said...

I got that email too :D