My little Mister is sick, yet again. Apparently, due to his allergies, he is a little more susceptible to the respiratory illnesses that have been going on around these parts. He was perfectly healthy for a period of about two and a half weeks and now we've got the runny nose and cough going strong again. And since I tried to wait it out for a week in hopes that it would go away on it's own (yeah, riiiight), he also developed a slight ear infection. Looking at him running around like a wild man, you wouldn't really know he was sick until he came over to wipe his boogers on you and then coughed in your face. Yeah, he's sweet like that.
So, on Monday, we spent half the afternoon at the pediatrician's office. We waited for two hours. Yeah, you read that right. Two hours in a tiny room with a toddler. A toddler who had not had a nap. It was not fun and I have photographic evidence of the shenanigans* this kid was getting into.
Everything started out fine. First I gave him snacks to keep him quiet while we checked out the mural on the wall.
After pointing out the frogs, dragonflies and bunny rabit 4, 5...80 times we decided to read a book.
Then he started to get a little bored. He decided to practice getting on and off the chair a couple hundred times. Notice he is swinging his legs trying to scoot himself up and onto the chair seat.
After that, he moved onto to trying to open the door. Have I mentioned that the kid can open doors now? Yeah, not cool!
When I got onto him for trying that funny business, he moved onto running from one end of the room and banging on the wall to running back to the door and giving it a good bang, too. You can imagine how much fun that was. Every time I stopped him and scolded him, he let out a high-pitched, "Ehhhhhhggggh! Uhhh Uhhhh!" And so, although normally the thought of my child laying on the floor in the doctor's office would totally gross me out, this time I just shrugged my shoulders and sighed.
I understand having to wait in doctor's offices, I really do. That being said, I would have much rather spent that two hours sitting in the waiting room where there were other kids, toys and a TV. Nobody wants to spend that amount of time trying to entertain a toddler in a shoe-box sized room with nothing more than a couple of books and a cell phone! I'm tired again just thinking about it! I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's a good thing he's so damn cute!
* In my head, that word is always said with an Irish accent a 'la Super Troopers.
0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment