Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thankful Tuesday: July 12

This hasn't been the best day, or week for that matter. I have been dealing with some crap lately and I'm totally in a funk right now. I really trying not to whine or throw myself a big, weepy, whiny pity party but it's haaaard.... see?! Anyway, these feelings are mostly related to things I cannot really talk about at the moment. Hopefully (oh please, oh please, oh please) it will all change soon. This too shall pass, right?! RIGHT?!

Anyhoo, for now I would just like to say that I'm still thankful. Thankful that at this moment I am neither covered in puke, nor cleaning it. I am not even puking the puke. These are all things I have been doing over the last four days. Also, other horribly gross things. Things we don't want to talk about here, or anywhere for that matter. Except maybe over at Dooce. She's got a way with words, that one.

I got to see my sister, Dawn, last Thursday. She and her family were in Orlando for the week and made a special trip up to Jax to visit with me and Haeden (oh, I'm thankful for that, too!). He was acting like a bit of a turd until she stuck a twenty in his pocket. I am so not kidding. I hope it was just coincidence, but he totally did a one-eighty after that and it was all hugs and kisses from then on. Damn kids today, right?

Later that evening I was trying to coax him back to sleep in his own bed when he turned to me and said, "Mommy, my body hurts." He's been telling me that pretty much everything hurts lately, so I didn't really take him seriously until he suddenly sat straight up and then leaned over and puked gallons of god-knows-what all over my entire torso. I laid there in shock for a few beats before I started yelling for Dan to help. Oh, and Haeden totally laid his face down on my chest right afterwards. Utterly heart-breaking and disgusting at the same time.

He continued to throw up throughout the night and again in the morning when my mother came to watch him for a few hours (oooh, thankful for that, too!). I left work early to care for him the rest of the day and it seemed like all was golden until 10pm when he decided he wasn't really done yet.

Saturday night I decided to join the party. I remember thinking that I really, really hoped he didn't experience the pain I was having in my gut that night. It was truly awful. And worse than that was the lower back pain I had the next day. I had to consult WebMD to make sure I wasn't about to die... or give birth, or something equally painful and terrifying. Who knew severe back pain was a normal flu symptom? Huh.

We are both on the mend now though, back to our usual shenanigans and taking turns driving Dan to drink. Literally. He learned last night that white rum and coke does not taste like Crown and Coke. Nope. Not one bit.

1 Talk To Me:

Anonymous said...

I'm usually thankful not to be puking too, thought I don't always remember that is one of my thankful things. :-) Glad to hear that you and your family are feeling better.