Thursday, July 14, 2011

Embrace the Camera: July 14

My mother-in-law is out living the high life right now. She's traveling through Canada. I'm just a little bit jealous. The pictures she has been sending back have been beyond gorgeous. While she's gone we try to swing by her house a couple of times a week to water the plants and eat all her food feed the neighborhood birds/cats. Don't worry, we don't feed the birds to the cats. That would be mean.

We headed over to her place yesterday after work. It isn't exactly convenient, so we basically have to make a night of it. We stopped along the way for dinner at a local "hole-in-the-wall" barbecue joint. The boys are big fans and while I'm not, we all know that sometimes you just have to take one for the team (in other words, I was outnumbered).

Fun fact: This particular joint actually catered our wedding. That might sound odd since I said I'm not really big on their food, but do any of us really get to eat at our wedding receptions anyway? It was a hit with the guests though, and that's what mattered most!

Anyway, we were the only patrons when we first arrives, so we took advantage and goofed off for a bit. This is what I get when I try to take pictures of teenagers:


 Here we have Haeden "reading" the menu:

And here we are "embracing the camera"!

Ohhh, and on the subject of meat and barbecue, I'm seriously considering switching to a vegetarian diet. Anyone out there know of some quick and easy meal options? The only thing really stopping me right now is knowing that I'm almost always going to have to make myself a separate meal and that's not exactly something I'm excited about after a long day of work. I'd love some ideas if  you have them!

4 Talk To Me:

Mariah said...

Fun! I love those "nights out" with the kiddos. And... no, sorry. Can't be any help on the vegetarian front. I'm a carnivore. Good luck!

jeanna said...

bbq at a wedding...love!

Unknown said...

I see your point, food choice is not the battle I'm picking with teenagers either! CUTE!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

How funny, my 8 year old does the same thing with photos as your teenager. The last pic is too cute!