Monday, November 15, 2010

Steppin Out... Football Edition


This week's Steppin' Out is a little stretched... but Mandy said no rules, riiiight?! Also, it looks as though I will never actually "step out" on Saturday. Obviously because I'm a rebel and not because I'm lazy or forgetful. Duh!

Every year we try to take the older boys to a Jaguars game. This year, we could not have chosen a better date. The weather was beautiful* and we actually won! I'll be honest here, I don't really care much about football (shocker!) but it's hard not to get into the spirited frenzy when you actually attend the game. I might watch the people around us a little more than what's happening on the field, but it's all a part of the experience, right?! I was actually paying attention when it counted though because I totally witnessed the friggin' PLAY OF THE YEAR! For those of you that didn't, let me paint a picture...

The game is tied. The Jags get the ball with 8 seconds to go. Everyone thinks they're going to just take a knee and go to overtime, but NO! They threw the ball... or ran it? I don't really know because I was texting our sitter at this point to let her know it was going to overtime. Ha! But, basically they get a little further down the field and now there are only 3 seconds left! The quarterback throws the ol' Hail Mary pass a good 50 yards down the field and a Houston defender in the end zone bats it down... but not down to the ground like he intended, oh no, he put it right into the hands of one of our receivers right at the half-yard line! He took one step over the line for an amazing win!  They don't call them the "cardiac kids" for nothing! Wooooo!

Okay, enough foot ball talk. I'm beginning to sound like my hubby. On to the photo:

Boys: Representin' with their Jags Jerseys! Dan's is great because it has our last name on the back and his number was actually his first football number from when he was a young lad. Awwww, memories!
Me: Jags sweatshirt. You can't really see it, but very comfy and cute... but freaking $65 dollars! Good thing my sugar daddy paid for it.  And Sunglasses from Target.


3 Talk To Me:

Kim said...

You could be a sports announcer! ;)

Dan said...

Let's do it again, babe! How 'bout this weekend? ; )

Amy Lynn said...

I had so much fun at the game, first one in years! I wish I could go this weekend too, lucky duck! Your sugar daddy has great taste, you look so cute!