At the moment I am addicted to all the flower-related tuts, whether it be felt/organza hair clips, pins or just plain (but still gorgeous) ol' paper flowers. So far, the tissue paper carnations have been an epic FAIL, however, I am hoping it might just be the fact that I had super cheap (super thin) tissue. Mine came out looking more like a wrinkled up ball of tissue paper rather than an actual carnation.
What does seem to be working for me are the felt/organza hair clips and pins. I can usually churn out three or four of these in an hour's time. They aren't perfect by any means (homemade isn't supposed to be, right? riiiight?!), but I've already got a few friends asking me to make them some, so I'm pretty proud! I must warn you though, although I didn't singe my bangs with the lighter, I did burn the crap out of my fingers with the glue gun. I'm not sure I have much of a fingerprint left on my right index finger. Oh, and I may or may not have accidentally punched myself in the eye at one point. Don't ask. Just be careful!
Here are the results! And please excuse the craptastic photos. My house is basically a cave.

The off-white and pink flowers are pins. I sent one to my Chemo Angel last week. The rest are all hair clips. I can't wait to try my hand at a headband for my sweet little niece. What do you guys think?





1 Talk To Me:
And I love my pin! Played around with my scarves and ended up with a head wrap thingy with a pretty white flower pinned on the side! Thanks Hesper
Post a Comment