Sunday, November 7, 2010

Overheard at Golden Corral

My lovely sister, who I don't get to see nearly enough, graced us with her presence for a few days this past week. She lives out in the boonies of Virginia. No point in telling you exactly where because I assure you, you've never heard of it.

Every time she is in town we end up eating at Golden Corral. This is because my grandfather will only come along if we agree to go there. I don't think anyone else especially enjoys the dining out experience it provides. It's basically over-priced cafeteria food and other than the mashed potatoes and macaroni, the food is pretty bland. And lets face it, how hard is it to screw up those two?  If it weren't for the all you can eat ice cream, I think I'd have a pretty hard time getting the hubby to agree to going. As it is, he likes to refer to it as "The Trough." ha!

Anyway, on to the point of this post. Other than the ice cream, the only saving grace GC has is the entertainment the patrons tend to provide. My sister was busy filling her plate full of starches when she overheard the following conversation:

Classy Woman #1: Oooh, girl! Here go da broccoli and brussel sprouts. Gonna get you sum?
Classy Woman #2: I ain't gettin no brussel sprouts!
Classy Woman #1: Why? They good fo you!
Classy Woman #2: Cause when I gots brussel sprouts in my mouth it taste like someone pooted in der!

Man, I can't wait to go back!

3 Talk To Me:

Mandie said...

Hilarious!

Kim said...

That is one classy dining establishment!

Yikes!

felicia said...

ahahah that is so funny!! gotta love jackson-hood. that is how ben now refers to it LOL