Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm an Angel

No, really! It's true. I recently became a Chemo Card Angel, and I think you should, too. I don't know a single person whose life hasn't been touched by cancer. Chemo Angels is a program dedicated to supporting people with cancer by matching them with their very own "Angel". As an Angel you are asked to send little notes, cards and sometimes a small gift on a weekly basis. I try to send a little something to my own twice a week.  It doesn't take much time or money and yet it brings a lot of joy to a lot of people who are otherwise going through a very difficult time in their lives.

The hardest part for me has just been trying to figure out what to write. I don't lead the most exciting life and most of my days can sort of be summed up into one little acronym... SSDD (same shit, different day)! ha! And so, I usually end up talking about Haeden. I told my patient that it was either that or work, and I figure Haeden is a lot more interesting!

If that wasn't convincing enough, read on. Here are a couple of patient testimonies:

"My son was signed up with your program until he died. I wanted to let you know that your organization was the best thing for my son. If you could have seen his eyes light up when he received things in the mail! You really lit up his life and I wanted to thank you myself. Thank you for all your organization did for him."


" I love my Chemo Angel! I believe she has to be a true Angel. She ALWAYS knows exactly when I need some cheering up! I don't know where you found her, but I want you to know I love her!"
 
If you think you have what it takes to become a Chemo Angel... sign up here!

2 Talk To Me:

Anonymous said...

You are my angel. The card you sent me for my birthday made me laugh. And the Baby on the beach too. At first James thought the card were from my mom( same sense of humor). I like hearing about Haeden, it sounds silly but it can see him doing all the things you tell me about. I started laughing when you told me about your surprise trip to surprise your sister, because I can see my own sister doing and having the same reaction.
Sometimes your cards and notes come at a time that I need a cheering up push and you seem to do it. Thank you!!

Amy Lynn said...

That is awesome, Hesper!