Friday, December 23, 2011

Santa's Calling

When I was a kid, a family friend used to call us each year pretending to be Santa. In fact, he would still call and pretend to be Santa even after I'd stopped believing... and also in the middle of summer. It's a fun memory and a tradition that my sister and I both wanted to create for Haeden. Her husband jumped at the chance to play the role of good ol' St. Nick and we staged a call Thursday night.

We had to do a little planning for this, of course. I needed to change the picture and name that would pop up on my cell phone. I knew that if he saw Auntie Robyn's name and/or face, the ruse would be  up.We also had to make sure there wouldn't be a lot of distractions because we all know how short a 2.5 year-old's attention span can be, don't we?! Also, I wanted to film it. And I think I'll have to continue to film each year's call so that we can compare his different reactions.

Take a little lookesy...

Have you ever heard a more SOUTHERN Santa Claus?! I think not! I love how Haeden immediately starts telling him that he wants a big, BIG FIRE TRUCK with a LADDER and then reminding him that he saw him the other day in person. Oh, and the fact that he basically talks over "Santa" the entire time. Welcome to my world, folks. He sure can talk, but isn't so much into listening just yet.

I absolutely cannot wait for Christmas morning. I think Dan and I are more excited than he is... Okay, I KNOW we are!  Happy Holidays!

Our Christmas Card Photo


2 Talk To Me:

Amy Lynn said...

Love the video and picture!

Dina said...

#1 - Haeden is Siera's twin, I SWEAR! She talks and talks and you can't get a word in edgewise.

#2 - That is THE awesome-est Christmas card I've ever seen! lmao