Last weekend we took Haeden to see Santa. We have been talking Santa up for weeks now. Haeden was beyond excited. He professed his love for Santa about three hundred times on the drive over. I thought for sure that this year we'd get a big grin when it was time to sit on the fat man's lap so that he could tell him he wanted a "big, BIG FIRE TRUCK. WITH A LADDER!!!"
Buuut, no such luck. He was still bouncing aroud with anticipation as we waited for our name to be called (no lines = genius and was the reason we chose to skip the mall this year).
Ohh, the sweetness. Too bad it doesn't ever last long...
Excitement = fake smiles for the camera.
And then it was our turn. I walked him up there and he was grinning the whole way until we got about two feet in front of Santa. At that point, he became very unsure and grabbed onto my leg for dear life. Santa coaxed him up onto his lap, but he remained cautious and refused to smiile until he got down and was pointed towards the candy canes. Then, of course, he yelled goodbye and waved to Santa as he walked away.
Shy boy. Actually, now that I think about it, this is the same face he makes when he is peeing...
Alllmost a smile.
And theeeeen, I accidentally broke the candy cane while trying to open it for him and he threw a tantrum in the middle of the courtyard. No amount of, "Dude, Santa is watching you RIGHT NOW!!!" could coax him out of the fit of despair he was thrown into when his candy cane was no longer, in his mind, considered BIG. Complete and utter meltdown, I tell you. The horror. The horror!
I think we'll get him to smile next year. One of these years we'll get him to smile. I'm adding it to my bucket list. I don't care if he's 15, the kid will smile with Santa! hahaha
5 Talk To Me:
I love these shot! I found your blog on Emily's embrace. Your son has adorable chubby cheeks! I love his tantrum in front of Santa, so would happen to us... Merry Christmas!
~Kate @ Grace Between Sunsets
I love the pee face! He is such a doll. So sweet in the first shot.
Such a sweet kiss for his mama! I can't wait to get one from my boy. He just offers his cheek to me so far.
Super cute! The first one with him kissing your cheek is my favorite. Merry Christmas! Maybe next year will be the year he smiles with Santa!
He is just to cute! I'm a new follower. Can't wait to read more! Come check out my blog sometime. Iwannafeelthatfire.blogspot.com
Post a Comment