Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

Wow. It has almost been three months since I last posted. I am clearly a slacker and although the handful of you who actually read this have probably given up on me, I am returning. Prepare yourselves for my comeback! (Do you first have to be popular and/or talented to have a comeback?) Anyway, here is what you missed:

1. I started a new job in early June. Same company. New and more important sounding (key word: sounding) title. Minuscule raise, but overall a much happier place to work.
2. We took a lovely vacation to Buffalo in late June. Well, mostly lovely. It's a sixteen hour drive. Haeden threw up all over himself at about hour number six. It was quite pungent, and it was everywhere. We stopped at the first exit and Dan ran into a Kmart for paper towels, cleaner and an air freshener (which may or may not have made the smell worse). He removed and cleaned the car seat while I tried to wash Haeden down with wet wipes. I think we drove for another half an hour before stopping. I quickly bathed Haeden and myself and put him in his pack-n-play with his sippy cup of milk. Not even five minutes later the projectile vomiting occurred again. And do you know why? Some idiot (me) was feeding him spoiled milk. Yeah, not one of my proudest parenting moments. He paid it forward that very night by repeatedly punching, kicking and slapping me while sharing the double bed with me and Dan. He spent the rest of the trip in various states of illness, including fever, runny nose, diarrhea, and eventually ear infection. Since this is not the first time he has gotten sick while out of town, I'm thinking the kid doesn't like to travel. Other than Haeden's cooties, the trip was marvelous. The weather was amazing, the scenery magnificent, the food was delicious and fattening and it was wonderful to see the Hubert clan all together. Pictures to follow at the end of the post.
3. Since one vacation per summer is never enough, I made plans to visit my sister in August. The kicker is that she didn't know it! My mom and sister planned a little mini vacation in the mountains of North Carolina. They (along with the BIL) rented a house in  Hendersonville and planned to meet up. What my sister didn't know is that Haeden and I were tagging along. I had to keep that secret for three LONG months. I can't keep anything a secret. I tell people about their presents before their birthdays and I actively search for my own presents because I just can't handle the suspense! It was crazy hard and other people almost blew it a number of times. My hubby even posted to FB that I was going to be gone all weekend and she freaked out and called everyone trying to find out if I was there. I had to come up with some ridiculous story at a moment's notice to convince her that it was just Mom waiting on her arrival. Thank God my sister is gullible. And the end result?! Awesome! She flipped out and screamed her head off, scaring the daylights out of Haeden who then screamed his head off. Very funny stuff!
4. I turned 27 last week. I'm officially in my late twenties now. It's surreal to think that ten years ago I was starting my senior year of high school. So much has happened since then. I think I'm in a pretty good place at the moment, although I do wish I had my degree. Or better yet, if we're gonna dream we ought to dream big. I wish I had my own bakery. Ah well. There is still plenty of time, I hope.
5. Haeden had his 15 month wellness appointment (re: shots! boo!) yesterday. I didn't even realize he needed one of these, which is why he just had it yesterday (already 16 months old). Anyway, he has finally put on a little weight and is up to 24lbs 9oz and 32 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for both categories. He's really fallen as far as the percentages go, but it isn't something I'm worried about. The boy does not sit still. I mean ever. Even when he's sleeping he is constantly moving around (just ask my bruised ribs). The only other thing that stood out during the appointment was that he isn't talking yet. I figured it wasn't something to worry about until he was two, but the pediatrician says otherwise. According to the experts, he should be regularly using at least six words right now. I don't think he uses any words on a terribly regular basis, other than maybe mama and dada. We have heard all sorts of things in the past: eyes, eat, up, doggy, fish, but for the most part he just babbles. He is big on the pointing and grunting though. Maybe he should be a caveman for Halloween?! Anyway, if he doesn't expand his vocabulary to at least twelve words in the next two months, the want us to make an appointment to have him evaluated by a speech therapist. I still feel like this is jumping the gun, but we'll see what happens.

So, that's the summer in a nutshell. I will try to post more regularly from here on out since I know you all have missed them so (Hi Mom! Hi Dad!). And now for the pictures...

Letchworth State Park - NY
Letchworth State Park
Grandma's swimming pool

With Aunt Robyn

0 Talk To Me: