I have been wanting to share Haeden's room for quite some time. It has definitely been a labour of love for me, and like any other room in the house, is always evolving. I still have a few details in the works, but here are some pictures Dan took over the weekend:
This is the view from the door. Thanks to a tutorial from Young House Love, I was able to make the crib skit and valances myself. You don't even have to know how to sew! Normally I would consider the Jenny Lind style crib and changing table too girl for a boy's room, however, we were on a budget and the changing table was handed down from a friend. We were able to find the matching crib and mattress on Craigslist and it sealed the deal, feminine or not!
View from the very comfortable rocker, which just so happens to be the most expensive item in the room. Totally worth it though!
This is another DIY favorite. While I was pregnant, Dan, the kids and I each created a watercolor for Haeden's room. It's pretty easy to guess which one is Dan's, but you probably can't tell the difference between mine or Daniel and Patrick's! These are hung up above a small bookcase which created some storage space for small toys, shoes, and books, of course! In the picture above, you can see that there are two pull-out bins that allow hidden storage, which is key in any kid's room, I think!
Here is the top of Haeden's dresser. The ABC print is from Penny People, an adorable shop on Etsy. I love this print, and if he ever thinks he is too old for it, I'm just going to hang it up somewhere else in the house! The fun elephant lamp base came from Pottery Barn and although it was more than I was hoping to spend on a lamp, I think it suits his room perfectly. In the future I will replace the lampshade with something a little more punchy.
I got the idea to frame an article of clothing from another blog a long time ago and decided to pick up an inexpensive shadowbox frame at Michael's. One of Haeden's newborn onesie's fit perfectly and I couldn't resist tacking in his hospital I.D. bracelet and copy of his footprint. Also hung over the crib are two of our favorite newbie shots of Haeden. I love having these little reminders of how small he once was. It still seems like yesterday!
I found a tutorial on how to make your own silhouettes and totally went to town making these for Haeden's Grandmothers. You know I had to keep one for his room! I made the mini dinosaurs out of paper and the larger one is Haeden's first piggy bank, gifted to him by his Grandma. And Dan and I could not resist setting up a few messages for Haeden with the old-fashioned wooden blocks. There is another set on the bookcase that says "Sweet Dreams 2 Haeden".







0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment