Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ZOObie doobie do

Two weekends ago we took Haeden and the boys to the Jacksonville Zoo.  This was Haeden's first experience and we wanted Daniel and Patrick to be a part of that even though it pretty much cost us an arm and a leg to get in. Why is that place so dang expensive?! We went ahead and got everyone a yearly pass because if we go just one more time this year, it almost pays for it. And I love an excuse to go to the zoo! I'm still holding onto the hope that one day they'll let me take a baby giraffe or elephant home. Our back yard is a pretty good size, I think we could handle it.


The weather was absolutely gorgeous and being that we went on the morning of Easter Sunday, it wasn't busy at all. Haeden enjoyed himself quite a bit and I'm sure his arm got tired from all the pointing.


He definitely got a kick out of a lot of the animals. The ostrich was quite a sight to him and so were the jaguars. Patrick is still his favorite animal though. He even got to pet him!

One of my favorite parts of the zoo is walking out onto the pier at the river. I have some great memories of coming to the zoo with my grandparents and cousins by boat. You even get in free when you come that way, although it's not advertised and probably frowned upon by the staff. We got a pretty good family shot out there. Too bad we coulding get the house boat in the background. That rickety old thing has probably been there as long as I've been alive!




We had Easter Dinner with Dan's mom that evening and it was a good thing, too, because we were all pretty pooped after all the walking, picture taking and sunscreen applications!

0 Talk To Me: