I do believe Haeden's party was a success. I'm having to base that on the feedback from our guests, because to tell you the truth, I was so busy trying to be a gracious host that I couldn't really form an opinion myself. It's funny how much work goes into planning the first birthday party. It's not unlike a wedding, really. In fact, the Hubs kept saying that it reminded him of our reception because as the host, you are so busy making sure that you talk to each guest and ensure that they're all having a good time, you don't really get to enjoy it yourself. Not to the extent that you'd like anyway.
We didn't take nearly as many pictures as I'd hoped. And we only got a tiny snipet of video. Hopefully we'll manage that part better next time. It's hard though when you're being pulled in so many different directions, one family member telling you to go on to the next thing every 10 minutues, "Cake now! Presents now! Everyone is leaving! Hurry!" And all the while you still have to keep an eye on your little one. And smile. Don't forget to smile and have a good time! I'm pretty sure my stress was showing a few times.
Ahh, but the important thing is that the food was good, the guests were happy and the Birthday Boy was having a grand time. He ate up all the attention and then stuffed (and smeared) his face with birthday cake. Onto the pictures:
Party Central. Haeden's making a break for the bubbles.

He loved his balloons, but not the party hat!
CAKE!
Testing it out.
It's about to get messy, folks.
End result. My little green martian man.
After hosing him down we opened the presents. He didn't care about anything other than his first gift. He grabbed that thing and ran with it! Then he threw a little fit when we took it away and tried
to show him the rest!
This has been his favorite at the house. It serves as a great distraction when I need to tidy up. haha!
These are the only two family shots, which makes me sad. Next year these come first!
You live and learn, right?
And there you have it. Everyone thought he'd be wired for the rest of the night after all the cake, but he fell asleep on the ride home and the kid was knocked out! I had to wake him up because I was afraid that he wasn't going to sleep the rest of the night. That and he was stained green and needed a bath.
Thanks to all my friends who lent a hand in the planning and decorating. And thanks for all of the thoughtful cards and gifts. My living room looks like a toy store.















0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment