Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm Snot Kidding

This weekend can pretty much be summed up in one word: BOOGERS! I have spent the past two days extracting, wiping and even wearing them. Not my own, of course, and at least I didn't ingest any!

Haeden was the picture of health at his well-check appointment Friday morning. 23lbs and 29.5inches long, he was in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. My mom mentioned his nose was running when I picked him up after work and it was just all down hill from there.

I was also sick and spent Friday evening in a Nyquil stupor, retiring for the night before 9pm. Well, not really for the night. It was more like a few hours. Haeden was up at midnight, 3am, 6am, 7am and then for the day at 8am. Although he was in pretty good spirits throught the day, Saturday night was even worse. From midnight on he was up EVERY SINGLE HOUR of the night. Oh yes, it was that bad.

Anyway, back to the boogers. This poor little guy's nose was so congested that we had to break out the saline drops. That stuff is no joke! You had better have a box of Kleenex or a wet washcloth on standby because that little nose will start to leak like a sieve! I have never seen so much snot and/or boogers in my life. You expect that they are going to wipe their nose and end up with it on their cheeks, but he had it in his hair, on his forehead, and even in his eyelashes at one point!

It's funny because had I been around this a year ago I would have been really grossed out, probably even gagging. But you become a Mom and things change. I know I went to work yesterday with a shiny little booger smear on my shoulder. No worries. I'm just thanking my lucky stars it wasn't poop!