I'm starting this entry at 9:26am. Exactly 10 months ago you came into this world and changed mine forever. You came out mad as hell, too, probably because you had the hiccups. Each time you started to calm down and fall asleep you would hiccup and start yelling all over again. We couldn't help but laugh. I marveled at how little and fragile you seemed and how incredibly beautiful you were. When they placed you in my arms I felt an overwhelming amount of emotion. Love, obviously, but also fear. What do I do next?! I don't know how to do this! I don't want to move! What if I wake him, or worse, drop him?! Those thoughts were only fleeting though, and by the time we left the hospital I felt more confident. I knew exactly what I was doing, even if I didn't really know what I was in for.

Flash forward ten months. My little bundle of joy has turned into a big ball of energy. Your knees are rosier than your winter cheeks because you crawl around the house like a mad man! From the kitchen to the front door you go, and then back to the stove to steal my dish towels or peek through the kitty door. My fearless explorer, always on a mission. You are clearly all boy, too, because you're already obsessed with the remote control... always pulling up on the couches and tables trying to grab them, or whatever else may be within reach. Last week you started walking across the living room with your "Push and Ride" truck. I have a feeling that you are going to be taking your first steps soon.

It seems as though each day you are doing something for the very first time. Just yesterday you waved "bye-bye" when Daddy and I left for work. With each new accomplishment I am filled with so much pride, but also a little sadness. My baby is growing up much too fast and it breaks my heart. In two short months you will be a year old. I think you're officially a toddler at that point, no longer my cuddly baby. Before I know it you will be begging me for the car keys.
Just remember to wear your seat belt... Mommy loves you!
0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment