Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Weekend

Well, Memorial Weekend was a bit of a bust thanks to sub-Tropical Storm Beryl (and the migraines she brought with her). When it wasn't raining it was hellishly humid outside and the mosquitoes were out for blood. Even more so than usual, I mean.

We squeezed in a bit of fun here and there, of course. Haeden and I visited a children's "hands-on" museum Saturday morning with his buddy Owen. They ran around like the little maniacs they are. It was a cute place. The kids dressed up as firemen, shopped in a mini grocery store, jumped around in a ball pit and played wheelchair basketball. And then they both cried when it was time to leave, though not as bad as I would have expected. At least nobody (me) got a toddler kick to the shins.

Later that day, Haeden and I met up with my mother to play in Oma's pool. Although he has been asking to go for weeks, it was our first time this year. Her pool is covered and takes a while to warm up. I still have yet to get in, but he was not phased by the cold water. Lucky for Haeden, my mother isn't a  big chicken like me. 

Sunday we added a new family member to the household. Finn McMissile (guess who named him) is adjusting wonderfully, however, the same cannot be said for new "big brother", Ozzy. He is not a happy camper. He has made a bit of progress over the past few days though and I am hopeful that by the start of next week the two will be best buds. Fingers crossed!

I had to get H out of the house on Monday, so I took him to the mall for a little shopping and coin operated machine riding. Then I let him walk almost the entire length of the mall in order to ensure a nap later on. He was excited to be out of the stroller but he complained the whole way home (sitting in his car seat) that he was too tired to walk anymore.  I even had to carry him into the house at his insistence... "my too tiiiiired!"

2 Talk To Me:

Life Is Better Blonde said...

your blog is so nice. keep posting! can we follow each other?
lifeisbetterblondewiths.blogspot.com

Contemplating Beauty said...

Love the new blog design!!! And aw, welcome new kitty!!!