I thought it would be fun to do a short interview with Haeden each year on his birthday. I had to settle for around his birthday because he just wasn't having it on the actual day. I decided to give it another shot last night after his bath. That seems to be when he is the most calm these days. You can tell that he isn't really interested, but he was willing to placate me since I totally bribed him with a surprise toy. It was just a balloon, but hey, three year-olds are pretty easily impressed.
I love how in the beginning he is trying so hard not to smile. He makes that face all of the time--- usually because he has just done something he knows he isn't supposed to. I've been told he get's that reaction from me, and I can't deny it. I remember laughing at my mom when she would get mad at me. It wasn't smart and it wasn't even out of defiance (well, maybe sometimes). I just laugh or smile when I'm nervous or uncomfortable. My sister was the smart one. She'd start crying before she even got in trouble.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
A few other gems from the past several weeks:
- There are a couple of steam towers in town and every time we drive by them he excitedly points at them and calls them volcanoes!
- The other day I gave him mac-n-cheese (not exactly home-made) and he told me, "You're the best cooker in the whole wide world!!"
- Every time he sees a baby or a kitty or anything else cute, really, he says, "Awww, aren't they sweet?!" in a really high voice. Kills me dead every time.
- For some reason he feels it necessary to tell everyone when he passes gas... "Hey, MY TOOTED!!"
- When he sees hippos (on tv, in a book, etc) he says, "That's me!!! That starts with a haytch (H) like me!!" Oh, and he calls them "happos".
- When he wants to ask you if he's right about something he says, "You right, Mommy? You right?"
- Anytime I lose my cool or get visibly upset he comes over to comfort me and says, "It's okay, Mommy. It's okay!"
- When he wakes in the morning he is a little tyrant and immediately starts to give orders... "My STILL SLEEPING. My need juice and my vitamin!!"
I'm pretty sure this list could go on forever, but I have probably met the "ohmygodmykidisthecuttest" quota for the day. Until next time...
0 Talk To Me:
Post a Comment