Thursday, January 12, 2012

They Say the Darndest Things

I keep meaning to write posts about the funny things Haeden says. Two is hard. I mean, really hard. Buuuut, it's also really freaking funny. That little silver lining coupled with his cuddles, kisses and overall adorableness are what keep me from selling him on the black market these days.

Anyway, since I never seem to get around to individual posts I figured I'd group them all in one.,. so, lets just get straight to the funny/cutesy stuff:


1. The other night I'm taking a shower and Lord knows that I'm not allowed to do so without his supervision. He's standing near the back of the tub and sticking his head in and asks me, "You washing your bugs off you?"

2. One of our bedtime songs is "Hush Little Baby". I generally let Haeden finish each verse for me. The other night we get to the end and I say, "And if that horse and cart fall down., you'll still be the..." and then he says, "sweetest little Mommy in toooown!" I thought that was super cute and asked him if he thought I was sweet and he told me, "Yeah, and you're in town, too!"

3. H has been obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for a while now. He asks to watch it every. single. day. Multiple times. I  wish he wasn't quite so into it, but I have to admit that I love to hear him answering Mickey's questions and dance to the Hot Dog Song when it's over! Can't begin to tell you how often that song gets stuck in my own head!

5. Is there anything sweeter than a toddler singing in the backseat of your car? He is all about music and just won't stand for silence in the car. Besides telling us which way to turn and "I don't wanna go THAT WAAAAAAY!", he also makes sure we always have a CD playing or the radio turned on. He likes to get down, ya'll.

6. He's always asking people their names. And then he asks them what their "other name" is. He knows that his names are Haeden and Bug. Mine are Mommy and Hesper and the hubby is Daddy or Dan. He still asks us juuust to make sure and will also ask complete strangers. He had quite the conversation with some guy in Coldwater Creek the other day.

7. He started that conversation by asking the guy, "What doin?" Sometimes he also goes, "How doin?" He doesn't really get the difference between the two yet. And he pretty much gets in the car every afternoon and says, "Soooo, Daddy. What doin' today?"

8. He is pretty well versed when it comes to his ABC's. His favorite, of course, is the "H". But he pronounces it "HAYtch"! He points it out everywhere we go since it is so exciting.  He can also write it now. Sometimes it looks more like an A, but we're working on that. He's so proud of himself and so am I!

9. The kid started calling me "Mom". And after seeing my shocked reaction and hearing me tell him that he is  supposed to call me "Mommy", he now thinks it is funny. He does it all the time now unless he is trying to get his way. Lucky for me he is pretty much allllways trying to get his way.

10. H has a hooded towel that looks like a shark. Anytime I wrap it around him after a bath he starts growling and insists on being taken into the living room so that he can growl at whoever is in there. He's pretty terrifying.

So, there you have it. Cutest kid ever. Well, besides yours of course.

3 Talk To Me:

Ashley said...

Ah the Mom word. It's Mama and Dada here. Kiera will call us Mom and Dad occasionally when saying something like "Thanks Dad" or "That's silly Mom".

Mrs.Sanders said...

I totally flipped when my two year old (now three) started calling me "Mom" made my hear sink a little that he was getting so big! but it's also super cute to hear all the things they come up with on their own! Laughed my butt off at your post. It's the exact same at our house too. I have a three year old AND a soon to be two year old.

We should compare notes ;)
Thanks for sharing.

Criz said...

Haha! I can't believe how BIG he is getting!!! EEEK!