Monday, November 7, 2011

He NEEDS It, You Guys

I made the easiest little snack (twice) this weekend and figured I would share. The munchkin and I had dinner at my mom's house Saturday night. Since I had to stop at the market on the way over, I decided to pick up the ingredients needed for this tasty little treat. Pretzels and Hershey's Kisses/ or Hugs.

Two ingredients. Satisfies salty and sweet cravings! Doesn't get much better than that!

Get started:
Grab a cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line it with parchment paper. Place desired number of pretzels on said sheet. Stick a Hershey's Kiss in the middle and put that baby in the oven for 2-3 minutes. Immediately after removal, place another pretzel on top of the kiss and make a delicious chocolate and pretzel sandwich. Then stick in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes while it cools and hardens.

See? So easy your toddler can help/ eat everything before and after you put it together.  Haeden's job was to place the kisses in the middle of the pretzel. Before he could even get started, he grabs a kiss, looks at me and says in the most pitiful voice, "Mommy, I NEED to eat this REALLY BAD!"

Kid's got a flare for the dramatic. He never "wants" anything, no, he "NEEDS" it!

5 Talk To Me:

Mandy said...

Those were so good! You are so talented :)

Randa said...

Hi there! Just read your comment on Bower Power and found your name intriguing (and pretty). Hopped over here and read that it's Greek, and means first evening star (how cool!). I'm Lebanese, so that's why my name is pretty unusual too. :)
Read through the 100 things about you, which I think is such a neat idea, and your life list. I am praying that you do get to go back to school, and that you find what your heart is truly seeking re: faith.
Blessings!
Randa

Hespyhesp said...

Thank you, Mandy!

Randa, thanks so much for stopping by. I really appreciate the sweet comment!

Randa said...

You are so welcome!

Amy Lynn said...

They were delicious, thanks!